Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Survived Christmas

...survived the family, which caught up with me for my Graduation and Birthday and for Sinterklaas and Christmas. All of them having completely the wrong idea about what I'm doing as somehow they can't think beyond fixed, narrowly defined static jobs, such as analysing blood samples, if I'm to name the most scientific example. No hints or queries as to whether there's some girl I'm after, maybe the need to keep my private life private to my family is declining somewhat. Or maybe they think I'm gay and are too afraid of that to ask. I've stopped answering most questions that ask anything other than what I do in 'school' or what the colour of my curtains is, after growing tired of the relentless commentaries and strings of 'advice' that never seemed to really be presented as 'advice'. Family can be nice, in a way, as long as they let you be.
Though, with TV volumes drowning out my discman music (at a reasonable volume level), my retreat was soon a fact. In the kitchen there's a second TV, on which I watched CSI, which was accompanied by the music from 'Traumschiff' (German 'Love Boat' series) coming through the walls. Ah, nice romantic music when they find the bodies...
No real content, sorry, just abusing the blog to dump off some ironies. Nah, can't do that... Here's something: New Year has been postponed. By a whole second. Yes, it's time for another leap second!

1 comment:

Hedwig said...

Hey! Glad to see you survived. As for me, my sister didn't say a single nice word to me all first christmas day, and when we made up my uncle made my grandma cry. Fun times. What was Christmas about again, peace on earth? Sorry, using your blog to vent a little 'cause I promised myself not to put complaints about my family on my own.

Anyhow, yes, CSI is front of rather mystic, often romantic music as a backdrop for gruesome corpses. I like it though. Kind of like the classical music fit Morse so well.

Anything else to rant about? Not really. Still not sure whether I'll be there on New Year's eve, but I'll make sure to enjoy the leap second!

Say hi to the girl you're keeping mum about from me when she comes back, in any case.

H.