Thursday, October 06, 2005

Soup?

Sometimes I have the feeling that I have just as much sense of what's going on as I have sense of what's in my soup at the UMC. Which is worrying. For the soup, that is.
In the meantime, posting here seems to be somewhat more limited. Maybe its just the fact that I don't have much time to find interesting things (though I guess I never really had that). The labwork is not that interesting to write about, nor are my pathetic attempts to set up a freevo installation in freeBSD (audio is working, video should, but doesn't list the directories that I specified and the CDs don't seem to work).
My room has seen a few upgrades. I'm only missing one cupboard and some small solutions. Nothing new there - people are still invited to try to figure out when I'm in and drop by. Which won't be this Saturday as there's a guest from England at my parents.

That Hermans goob-bye drink is tomorrow, let's see if I can do a literature meeting and 80 mini-preps in 75% of a day, and navigate around one other borrel, a graduation of someone I barely know and all the other random stuff (I don't know, the incubator blowing up?*). There goes the lunch break...

I'll try and remember to write something that makes more sense soon...


*Actually, breakdowns haven't happened too much: It only rained in the hallway once (and that washing-up bowl didn't quite manage to catch the water), the power has failed twice and someone 'replaced the blue toner', which involved taking out the black toner and trying to put a blue one back in. All in all, that's a very decent score, especially considering the recent evacuation in Went and the fire in Kruyt.

No comments: