Friday, February 04, 2005

It's Friday and I'm still alive

...Well kind off. Apparently I'm somewhat distant. Oh well, it'll pass. This week saw the elections for the new academic advisor (spellt with, an 'o', though 'e' is also valid) - that were convincingly won by Jerome, who evidently has the most friends on campus. I've also found out that at least one of my fellow council members can't count - they never cease to amaze me. The books are nearly done, thankfully. Downside is that the slight hint 'The Office isn't a ******* dining hall, especially when there is a large amount of books a meter from the table and the fruitflies are still feasting on the mess from last time' aparently is a little to subtle.
Presenting stuff in N-D is always different. Started off 5 semesters ago with the talkshow approach to the history and philosophy of science and went via a completely unprepaired presentation on biochemistry to the current Discover-E Channell documentary on pyelonephritis. Yes, we stooped that low, it's a record achieved whilst following tradition. At least that's over.

Anyway, for those of you that are bored, this week's link round up (most via albinoblacksheep.com): Clean your screen, Kenya (old) and its parodies (Norway, Lapland, Badgers) and to prove that flash can be more creative Beatles: I Feel Fine, Come Together.
Also: commercial for navigation systems (Quick Time, 3.5Mb).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something I consider comparable to the level of your blog:

- Go to google.com
- Type in 'Miserable Failure'
- Press 'I'm feeling Lucky' (Ik doe een gok)

yeahhhhhh :P

JHMS said...

Nope, been there, done that (well, not me...), you're out of date!