Monday, November 14, 2005

England!

After losing count of the amount of times my passport was needed at Schiphol, two metal detector securtity searches and a eventually a one hour flight, I got off the plane and was welcomed to England by, of all things typically associated with the place, drizzle. Nevertheless, by the time I had my luggage (checked, checked and checked again, just everything and everybody else in the baggage claim area by the most hyperactive and happy sniffer dog I've ever seen) the weather had stopt being silly and actually provided some nice sunshine. From there on I caught a train running perfectly on time, speeding me from Bristol to Exeter. Service is very good around here, with at least one attendant on every platform and one at the arrivals / departures notices to help people out. Yes, NS, that's customer service. And, if booked in advance, it doesn't even cost too much (GBP 7.50 for a 100km stretch, takes 59 minutes with three stops). As a disclaimer for those who know my extensive rants on trains in the South East: this is the South West, things do work here (though the smaller places are a bit more difficult).
Exeter is a lot better in sunshine, as compared to gery skies and rain, which is how I saw the place last time around. The festive lights are about to come on (official ceremony on the 17th), which makes them festive lights and not winter lights, which is what the Dutch seem to be turning them into.
Anyway, there's not really that much to update on - I'll be moving around a bit, and I'll be back late on Sunday. I should be able to post before christmas. I think. Possibly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hebben een J! We hebben een O! We hebben nog een O! We hebben een S! We hebben een T! J-O-O-S-T!
Hoera ;)

Anonymous said...

We hebben een S! We hebben een T! We hebben een A! We hebben een S! We hebben nog een S! We hebben een E! We hebben een N! S-T-A-S-S-E-N!
Hoera ;)