Sunday, April 22, 2007

Quick update

As it's been a long time, just an 'I'm still alive' post.

  • What I'm up to: putting the internship report on hold until I finish my Master's thesis, which will be a research proposal rather than a literature review. It seems more usefull than yet another larger paper (9 ECTS, six weeks full time).
  • What Anna's up to: preparing to go to Oxford (MPhil Modern European History) for two years starting September.
  • My plans: To stay in science a little bit longer if I can find a nice project. This most likely will be here in the Netherlands, as I have greater trust in the average quality of the education here (4 years, Master's required), than compared to, say, the UK (three years, straight from (good) Bachelor's). That, and I'd get paid here, whereas the UK options can only get me a scholarship for college fees (and not living expenses, travel expenses, bench fees (10k p.a.) etc.).
And if you're bored:
  • The angry video game nerd: especially the 'Chronologically confused...' one.
  • And dutch voiceovers for well-known TV-series: Mastermovies
  • K. got published, Nature Immunology. It's indexed on pubmed, so search against the name as first author.

No comments: