Saturday, February 18, 2006

Tapping along with the flow

Times have been busy, with the first presentation of what I've been up to on my internship being the main culprit. That, and the fact that I shouldn't try to leave the lab early, as this doesn't seem to work - it only leads to me leaving later. So after letting some more people in the lab find out that I can nearly be concidered bilingual, everything is back to 'normal' again (including the noise of my laptop - I'll disect and rebuild it some time soon, changing the cooling paste on the way).
As a result of all the required running about, there isn't much to tell. One interesting things is a site where you can tap along with a song to identify it. Seems to actually kind of work, try it. Ow, and there is also a newer version of openttd.
In weird science, there are reports that the authenticity of Jackson Pollock paintings may be proven by fractal analysis of the works (nature). Well, given Jackson Pollock's style, I wouldn't be surprised to find more things in his paintings: chemical formulas for cures to cancer, alien comminucations and tomato soup. Also: Scientists still seeking cure for obesity, here at the Onion.

No comments: