Wednesday, February 01, 2006

So where is now exactly?

That's it, I'm lost. I think I've lost all timeframe reference and feel like my mind is in 6 different times at the same time. Apart from that, I feel (relatively) sane and my health is (relatively) good. This week has already seen a few healthy discussions that fall under the category 'what the **** am I doing here? again?' that actually do help. A little. In perpetuating my lack of direction. I feel like I'm being set up though, time to first see how devious my supervisors are (in other words: are they purpously trying to influence my opinion on matters in a way that they hope I don't notice). I'll keep you updated.
Anyway: smaller updates:
Lab: Dropping falcon tubes is a bad idea when contents is frozen. Solved issue by breaking off the bottom of the tube (which had nearly broken off) and ejecting contents into new tube. Otherwise, things are their usual self.
Computer: Some kernel issues, pulled out an old kernel image and all of a sudden everything works fine, including things that didn't when that one was active. Switched to binaries for some of the larger programmes. Now using Linux as primary OS, though more work is required (mainly getting the touchpad to work, but also increasing space). Other computer is working media jukebox. Abonding TV-card efforts, as disc is full and no driver has been tested for the card.
Room: Still improving small things. Tidied last boxes, waiting for remaining panel to complete long-term storage unit. Need to tidy desk... Need to invite people round as soon as I have time.

Anyway... forum abuse, anyone?

No comments: