Saturday, May 28, 2005

Saturday

The last day of an absurd week. So many things have changed in many little ways that make a huge difference. Yesterday of course saw the Graduation ceremony, which marks the end of three years of milling around in college. The weather helped by being warm, though maybe a bit too warm. Most of all, however, the people around made the day one of those wonderful days. As I'm now slowly starting to shut down completely (my legs gave way about 45 minutes ago, I really like my chair now), the reflection on the day is good. I'll post pictures when I have time to do basic editing and downsizing.
This week also saw the (final 5 minutes of the) songefestival. In itself this is not something that is worth dwelling on and even watching it is not exactly the event of the year. In fact, I didn't quite follow the broadcast that well in detail at all - as other matters were far more important. What happened next (or at least the outcome) is clear to most UC people I know (and since yesterday after the ceremony my parents as well). As a note: I have mastered denial to a certain extent - it's the way I work, I build walls of assumptions and convince myself nothing is going on. When it all comes down, confusion follows - but that's okay. Anna got through and caused quite some confusion - and I couldn't be happier about it.

No comments: