Thursday, April 14, 2005

Elections Tonight!

Tonight: 19:30, Auditorium, ASIC elections (a.k.a. this is the end, my friend, the end (but not quite with a little bit of thank a deity of your choice mixed in for good measure)). We now have candidates, so this should be a bit better (he said, not knowing that fate had decided that all the ballots would mysteriously change their markings to align with the abstain box).
I'm still all for mailing elections statements, but rather not UCSA style: 1 statement, 2 Mb file, just for a small picture of some guy smiling at me? Nope, I'll skip. It can be forgiven that people still haven't heard of downsampling and editing graphics outside of word, yet I know that the board has a higher degree of intelligence. Although sometimes they seem to be in denial on that issue (hey, I reserve the right to label people as being in denial - according to quite some people and a yearbook entry, I'm good at denial, although personally I would deny that.).
In other news, the contract for the room was signed yesterday, and sent back today. So if all goes well, I'll at least have accommodation next year. Now to figure out if I got in to the study programme (or not) and the postman lost the letter, or whether they can't make up their minds.

No comments: