Thursday, January 13, 2005

And then there were only four...

Unfortunately one of the five members of the council has seen no other option than to resign. Roni will not be acting as academic representative this coming semester. An official statement, also giving some indication as to what the motivation behind this is, will be mailed to all the UC students soon. In the meantime it will suffice to say that it is not due to the 'personal reasons' the board has been known to cite - the decision to stand down is not directly related to academic or council matters. Most likely new elections for a modified position will take place February 1st. More info soon.

UPDATE: Official statement available - Click here to show
Click here to hide

    Dear Students,

    It is with great regret that I inform you of my resignation as ASIC's Academic Representative. Due to personal circumstances beyond my control, I must complete my studies at UC during the Spring and Summer terms, which will require that I take a full load of classes, effectively making me unable to resume my duties at ASIC. During the second week of spring an election will be held for the position of Academic Representative. I will help ease the newly elected ASIC member into his/her position, and will continue to help ASIC in any way that I can.

    Over the past semester, I have both learned from and enjoyed my position at ASIC. I feel as though we have managed to change UC for the better. I have full confidence that the situation at UC will continue to improve, with ASIC at the forefront of these changes. I would like to thank anyone and everyone who helped me in fulfilling my duties, and to the student body as a whole for your patience and support.

    Sincerely,

    Roni Strompf

    A message from ASIC:

    Dear Students,

    Roni's letter speaks for itself. During the last semester, Roni has tread new ground, being ASIC's first Academic Adviser, following UC and ASIC's structural changes. In defining this new role within ASIC, he has truly lived the ASIC spirit. He planned the Brainstorming Sessions, which were held at the beginning of the academic year. These have had significant impact upon communication between Students, Teachers, Tutors and the Head of Departments. Additionally, Roni has contributed his time to other projects which are coming together even now, including among others, the Interactive Classroom and the Statistics Assistants. Above all else, Roni has contributed towards ASIC's image and atmosphere.

    We all regret Roni's necessity to leave the Council. All of us wish him the best,

    ASIC

No comments: