Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More Microsoft annoyances...

Other than the fact that I can't install most of the crap programmes that came with Vista (like Windows Media Centre, which is mixes up my CDs, has the wrong resolution, refuses to play most of my files and is just too cumbersome to work with. Or Windows Movie Maker, which I've never used, even on XP) and it still lacks sensible programmes (like a good stand-alone document viewer, I mean, if you're going to shove XPS down my throat at least include the (downloadable) stand-alone viewer instead of an Internet Explorer add-in. On that matter, how hard can it be to include a decent web-browser that has even a hint of standards compatibility?) my newest annoyance is that windows update is pushing the spam filter update for Outlook 2007 at my system. Okay I do have Office 2007 (Enterprise, via the Uni) installed, but I expressly told it NOT to install Outlook. Which it didn't, so no complaints there. So why do I need more system bloating updates for a (memory hugging, system slowing) mail client that I didn't install? There's even a separate update for Windows Mail - which I would by the way want to get rid of. Does Microsoft really expect me to have two mail clients, that I both use? Why would I want to do that?

Linux 2, Microsoft 1 --- Time to catch up Microsoft, decision time is approaching fast!

No comments: