Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Progress...

...with cleaning up the site. Though I've lost my list of blogs. So if you feel you should be mentioned , let me know. I've removed some of the non-active blogs (the teaparty and nican nicuica), yet these will be replaced with the newer blogs of the respective authors as soon as I find out where they can be found. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't been able to add the recently closed blog of Olivier (...wo man sein Herz verliert...), but here's a mention anyway.

For the technical details: the site template was updated to be compatible with the new blogger templates and then rebuilt. I.e. the java scripts and corresponding CSS that were in the old template were added back in and I've used the widgets to rebuild the sidebar. Of course, the widgets aren't formatted the way I want them out of the box, so the CSS part of the site was modified along with some of the widget code that resides in the template. The dead links have also been removed from the sidebar. I'm leaving the old posts alone, though the re-addition of the scripts mean that they will function normally with the exception of the imageshack images, of which a number have randomly been lost over at imageshack.

No comments: